Tuesday, June 9, 2009

22 Days to 29: Back on the Grind

Last night I tossed and turned and didn't sleep so well. That made for a rough go at it this morning but I managed to drag myself outta bed at the right time and get to work on time.

Today we made it official. We received our entry badges to the building i work at, a sign of the increased security measures implemented due to being purchased by a very public company. As i sat in the chair, adjusting it so the picture-taker could get a good shot, i thought about being in the DMV line waiting on your drivers license. "Look at the red dot and smile," the lady behind the counter would say while she fidgeted with the bulky camera. Click, and that was that. No warning and no 1-2-3 count down to prepare you. And you wonder why drivers license pictures are so mug shot looking.

The day progressed smoothly. No snafu's or major dilemma's.

I had a meeting for a scholarship golf tournament via conference call and it went well. Lasted for about and hour and saved me from having to drive across town to attend.

This evening, I was disappointed when I got home because i was expecting my new modem to have made its way to my house. But opening the mail yielded nothing. So hopefully tomorrow it will be here. I NEED MY INTERNET!

I made ground turkey last night and tried to combine it with alfredo sauce and spaghetti noodles but it didn't turn out good at all. The alfredo sauce, a Ragu cheesy Alfredo Sauce, was nasty and tasted nothing like the Olive Garden delicious I was expecting. Back to the drawing board on that. Thank God I had mixed them together in a small bowl and not in the large pot. I can still eat the turkey and spaghetti noodles today with my regular Prego Roasted Garlic and Pepper sauce. Whew...

Late night phone calls with mom and B kept me up a little longer, but i settled in around 11... that's a wrap!

No comments: