Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Signing my name...

Today

Today is all I have

Yesterday is gone

Tomorrow hasn’t come

But now, right now

I have a chance

To do something

To take a stand

On what I hold as true

So what will I do

I will act

Out on my heart

And shun fears thoughts

And make a start

Take a step

Towards my wildest dreams

Walking forward means

I’ll soon be free


CKG
2/11/09
7:48 am





This morning I'm dreaming wide awake thanks to Amy, my coworker and a musician stuck in the accounting world. As she was passing by this morning I asked her a question, "are we still dreaming?" to which she replied, "well... actually I am," and passed me the piece of paper she had just retrieved from the printer. The header read "The Profession of Music Therapy" and she told me the story about her exposure to the field and that she'd been looking back into it recently. I got excited because one of my neighbors across the street did music therapy for a living and before she moved in about two years ago, I had never even hear of the profession. Amy closed her spill of her research with "... so that's my dream for the week... what about you... you still dreaming?" And I thought about what my dream is and I immediately thought about the ongoing book project I've been "working on" forever it seems and I replied with a hesitant "Yea... still working on the book..."


So this morning, here's to all the dreamers, who dream wide awake in spurts, every two or three weeks or so, then succomb to regular living in areas we have a lack of passion.


I encourage you, do something today to feed the dream... don't let it die. It's like your body, each day you eat, you nourish it and encourage it to continue.


Do the same with your dream today, whether its doing some research on that business you want to start, or writing a blog you want syndicated, or taking 30 minutes to exercise hard, or whatever it is, feed your dream.


I wrote this poem inspired by Amy. And surprisingly, when I sent it to her, she printed it out and had me autograph it, a gesture that encouraged me and gave me a glimpse that someday, I will catch cramps in my hand from autographing my books.


Thank you Amy. I'm working on my autograph...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On time and vital. This morning, I did some soul-questioning and the Holy Spirit brought Prov. 31 - "The Virtuous Woman" to mind. Though many times I've read it, it reminded me that the businesswoman I was reading about was knowledgeable in her craft, efficient and diligent in her work, and had priceless value. Being aware of these things are imperative to making our dreams a reality to revel in.

Thank you for this Word and tell Amy I'm smiling at her.

PEACE

Anonymous said...

Awwwe. You're so sweet! All of the poetry I have read of yours is awesome and inspiring itself. Your a great writer. Please finish up that book, so that I can have an autographed copy of that. 'Til then, I will keep the autographed email attached to my cubicle wall reminding me of what could be...

Amy

JV said...

Very inspiring !
Good Luck with your book.

PEACE