Thursday, February 12, 2009

Return On Investment

ROI

Today I feel proud.
I stick my chest out
And pat myself on the back
Appreciating me
Celebrating the beginning of small dreams
Recognize the small steps
I’m making towards responsibility
No longer will I be set back by insurance premiums due
No shame face when retirement is discussed in groups
I am investing in me
Swallowing my elephant piece by piece
Breaking off small chunks
Chewing it thoroughly
Swallowing each
Not choking in defeat
I am investing in me
Taking the match the re-source provides
Putting it with mine
Stretching the length of my stride
Handling with wisdom
The lot that is my own
I am finally making a home
And I am investing in me
Planted a seed to grow a tree
Watering it with responsibility
Trimming back the dead leaves
No more NSF fees
Illuminating my greed
Or taking enough of my pay
To purchase the newest technology
I’m acting my wage these days
Not over taxing my talents
With frivolous trips to Wally world
Buying food that goes bad
I’m listening, not just hearing
Something my mom would smile about
I’m applying, not just knowing
And it seems things are coming together
For the better
I have decided that I can love
Even though it’s still a mystery to me
The process of letting go
Releasing intentionally
No longer are things stripped away violently
I am giving
Out of necessity
The need to be me
I now believe in
The gift of me
I’m opening my hand
Releasing my clenched fist
Giving my 4 and a half cents
And religiously my 1st 10th
Even if
It’s all I have
Realizing it’s still investing in me
Nothing is being taken away
Not today
And my gift
Gets leverage
Being currency
Flowing through me
So I,
I cast my bread upon the waters
I know soon
Somehow
In time
Or in eternity
They will return to me
And I then will eat
Because I am finally
Intentionally
With destiny
Investing in me

2/12/2009
8:56AM

1 comment:

Bleu said...

Nice...work and inspiring!